[sac-forum] Re: SkySafari software

  • From: "Richard Harshaw" <rharshaw2@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <sac-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2011 16:01:55 -0700

Beevo, I used the SEARCH feature today to test this and when selected, an
entry window appears at the top of the screen.   (There are also several
catalogs shown below that which allow you to search by catalog.)  I tried a
few things, by typing in things like STF 737 and IC 1732, and it pulled up
data on both, and then centered them on the screen when I asked them. The
INFO option also showed a wealth of info about each object.  I have yet to
really push the double star database (by looking for search obscure items as
STI1176 or MLB 932), but apparently the PLUS version has every NGC, IC, and
most other popular catalogs (including Messier, Caldwell, PK, and others) in
it.  An impressive little package!

Richard Harshaw

Cave Creek, Arizona

Brilliant Sky Observatory