[sac-forum] National Astronomy Day - Night summary

  • From: "SkyWatcher" <skywatcher@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <sac-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2012 11:08:09 -0700

Hello everyone,

Just touching base on National Astronomy Day - Night.

We did planetarium programs, solar viewing and a stargazing event at the
Challenger Space Center.

The daytime attendance was more than 200 people.

The doors opened for the stargazing at 6 PM and we did not leave until after
11 PM.

We did a little solar viewing until the sunset then the evening stargazing.

We had a nice attendance almost 300 people.

Hope the Thunderbird Park program went well.

Tony LaConte