[sac-forum] Re: M48 thread load question

  • From: Greg Schwimer <schwim@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sac-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2015 16:45:56 -0700 (MST)

Best I can tell it is aluminum.

Good point about securing things. I can imagine a twisting load against the
threads at certain angles that could cause the load to shift, whether nosepiece
in the draw tube or even an "unscrewing" of the threads. Would this just be a
"make it all real tight and hope that's enough" or should I consider a more
positive means of locking things down, whatever that might look like.

- Greg