[sac-forum] Re: Fwd: Data Base

  • From: "AJ Crayon" <acrayon@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <sac-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <MPLAVLEGL@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2011 14:08:30 -0700

I received a similar message from a Gary Pugh on July 20 with the exact same
symptoms.  Again, this time as last time I checked the double star database for
doubles in Auriga with separation between 10 and 30 arc seconds, sorted by RA.
The response was the following

      A 214-AC  06 04.0 31 37 AC 8.8 13.0 11.3 137 98 A0
      Checked out WDS database and found more than one double, but no where in
the database was an entry named A 214-AC nor was there any entry with the same
RA nor Dec.

      My suggestion to Gary is the same for Michael and that is to either check
the actual data or review the program that returns the data.  In addition, this
time, I took a look at the source for both the screen that had the options as
well as the screen that returned the data.  I couldn't determine if there's any
problem here but suspect not.

      At this point and with the data available I can't tell what's wrong,
other than what has already been said.  Perhaps more information may help.

      Hope this helps.

AJ Crayon
Phoenix, AZ

        Date:  Fri, 5 Aug 2011 04:48:36 +0000 (UTC)
        From:  MPLAVLEGL@xxxxxxxxxxx
        To:  webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

  Dear
  Web Master

  I enjoy using your Deep Sky Database at www.virtualcolony.com. It seems to
have changed from
  this time last year. Last year I was able to search for double stars by
constellation. This year all
  I can get when I run a search is one double star. Last year I did a search
and found 4 pages
  of double stars in CAS alone.

  Has something changed ?

  Thanks