[sac-forum] Fri.Sept.5thSaguaroAstronomyClub Meeting7:30pm

  • From: "Jennifer Polakis" <m24@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <sac-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <EVAC@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2014 00:43:06 -0700

All are welcome to attend.

Our speaker for Friday September 5th is Jeremy Perez on nightscape photography and astronomical sketching.

A graphic artist by trade and no stranger to the observing field, Jeremy creates precision at-the-eyepiece-sketches. At the 2009 Messier Marathon he sketched 104 objects, and more recently sketched views from the 4.3meter Discovery Channel Telescope.

Check out Jeremy's site:
http://www.perezmedia.net/beltofvenus/

He is also a co-author of _Astronomical Sketching: A Step-by-Step Introduction (The Patrick Moore
Practical Astronomy Series)_

We meet at Grand Canyon University 3300 W. Camelback, Phoenix:

Interstate 17 to Camelback. West on Camelback to 33rd Avenue (this is a small traffic lighted intersection just east of the big one on 35th Ave. and Camelback) Right onto 33rd Ave. which is also an entrance to the university. Continue to the guard gate, tell the guards you're there for the astronomy club meeting, turn left and park. Walk back toward the guard gate and turn left onto the lighted pathway; we meet in the last building on the right, the Fleming building. Enter and follow your ears to our meeting.

Hoping to see you there.

Jennifer Polakis, VP 480 967-1658 M24@xxxxxxx
Saguaro Astronomy Club www.saguaroastro.org