[sac-forum] Re: FW: looking for a Astronomer April 26-27

  • From: "Jennifer Polakis" <m24@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <sac-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 17:52:56 -0700

Hi Steve,
I can do this if they're still looking for someone.
Jennifer Polakis, VP

      From: krissykinsey@xxxxxxx
      To: sdodder@xxxxxxxxxxx
      Subject: looking for a Astronomer April 26-27
      Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 11:52:49 -0700

      Hello my name is Krissy Kinsey I ‘m the head coordinator of the La
Promesa brownie girl scout encampment. We are trying to find an Astronomer(s)
to go with us to encampment in Prescott AZ for the weekend to teach the 1st,
2nd, 3rd, few 4th,5th grades (about 96 girl scouts 12 in each rotation) about
the night sky, we are offering you cabin bunks and lunch, dinner, breakfast and
lunch. This event will take place April 26-27 Sat 8am-9:30pm and Sunday
7am-3pm. If you fill it would be best if you came up Friday night to get a head
start and do stargazing before hand this would just fine,  as I will be there
Friday to set up the other rotation.. You and your lovely wife are invited. We
have a cabin just for the men and cabins just for the lovely females. This is a
rule we have to go by GSUSA rules, as they rule over me.    I would love to
have you work with the girls and there leader to teach them about space as we
live in surprise AZ and can’t always see much of the night sky from all the
city lights. Saturday night we would like the girls to be able to do stargazing
we have one telescope we are able to bring but it is a novice scope. So if you
have one or 2 the girls can spy on the night sky with. That would be so cool
for them to be able to see what they just learned about. In the day time
Saturday and Sunday we would like the girls to work on there badge/ try its
work. This is learning about what a constellation is and makes a star maker
with a constellation. How the earth and moon move around the sun. What is an
eclipse of the moon and sun?  Each group will have 1h and 15mins and there is 5
rotations sat., and 3 rotations on Sunday.  If you are interested in this event
please call me soon, as we need to fill this soon.

      Thank you,

      Krissy Kinsey

      Coordinator, and troop leader of troops 781 and JR troop 4005

      Home # is 623 266 2294

      cell # is 623 853 7958

  Climb to the top of the charts! Play the word scramble challenge with star
power. Play now!