[sac-forum] Re: FW: [FWD: Re: Millennium High School Observatory Project]

  • From: "Chris Hanrahan" <chris.hanrahan@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <sac-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2010 20:00:12 -0700

Dick,

I'm in.

Chris

  _____

From: sac-forum-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:sac-forum-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Richard Harshaw
Sent: Thursday, September 02, 2010 7:28 AM
To: sac-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [sac-forum] FW: [FWD: Re: Millennium High School Observatory
Project]

Folks, I received this request for help from a local high school student who
wants to refurbish her school's observatory and return it to operation.  I
am willing to help her.  Anyone want to join me?  If so, please reply so I
can make contact with Ally and set up a meeting.

Richard Harshaw

Cave Creek, Arizona

Brilliant Sky Observatory

From: snickerd00dle32@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, August 26, 2010 1:24 pm
To: undisclosed-recipients:;

Dear Richard Harshaw,

       My name is Ally Carr and I am a student at Millennium High School in
Goodyear, Arizona. It has recently come to my attention that my High School
has most of the equipment, including a rotating observatory dome and
telescopes, necessary to make an observatory. I have taken it upon myself to
propose the restoration of this facility as my senior project.

       Although this project has yet to be approved, it is my hope that I
may receive help from the local Astronomy community. I believe it is
incredibly important for my community to have access to an observatory in
working condition, not in pieces scattered around campus. I can not do this
without your help and expertise, and I hope you will find interest in
restoring Goodyear's access to the stars.

Thank you so much for your time,

Ally Carr

602-908-5115