[sac-forum] Re: FW: [FWD: Re: Millennium High School Observatory Project]

  • From: Jeff <phxjeff@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sac-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2010 09:20:05 -0700

Hi Richard,

Since this is on my side of town, let me know what I can do to help.

Jeff
Hopkins Phoenix Observatory
Counting Photons
Phoenix, Arizona USA
www.hposoft.com/Astro/astro.html
International Epsilon Aurigae Campaign
http://www.hposoft.com/Campaign09.html
From: snickerd00dle32@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, August 27, 2010 2:04 pm
To: president@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I have very limited experience with telescopes, so it was my wish to have any assistance possible in the pre planning (The bottom of the observatory has been damaged and needs to be rebuilt, but I would not know where to begin with drafting those plans) and then with the assembly of the telescope near the end of the project. Any and all help is entirely welcome!
Thank you so much,
Ally Carr

From: snickerd00dle32@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, August 26, 2010 1:24 pm
To: undisclosed-recipients:;

Dear Richard Harshaw,

My name is Ally Carr and I am a student at Millennium High School in Goodyear, Arizona. It has recently come to my attention that my High School has most of the equipment, including a rotating observatory dome and telescopes, necessary to make an observatory. I have taken it upon myself to propose the restoration of this facility as my senior project. Although this project has yet to be approved, it is my hope that I may receive help from the local Astronomy community. I believe it is incredibly important for my community to have access to an observatory in working condition, not in pieces scattered around campus. I can not do this without your help and expertise, and I hope you will find interest in restoring Goodyear's access to the stars.

Thank you so much for your time,
Ally Carr
602-908-5115