[sac-forum] Re: Commspeed

  • From: "Bill VanOrden" <beevo1@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <sac-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 4 Dec 2011 13:14:39 -0700

Stan,

Sorry to hear that.  My guess it has to do with losing usage to the cell
phone & tablet market.

I just got a Droid phone and Verizon gives me 4G/month for $30.  Now the
rates seem higher in comparison, but you have to figure in that it will
acquire and connect to any open wireless it can "see" wherever I go.  We
have wireless at work and of course I have a wireless node at home.  My
total usage for the first month was .058Gb

Here's where I connect the two, hopefully in a sensible manner.  The users
have devices that freeload on other providers, which is paid for by the
businesses frequently, hell even McDonalds has free Wi-Fi.  If I ever get
cancelled there are two neighbors who have unsecured wireless in the
neighborhood.

I think Commspeed has to up the charges due to a few reasons, fewer paying
customers and more cost of providing the connectivity.  Plus a lot of people
would tolerate the lower speeds and then just let the machine grind away in
the off hours, using up lots of Gb's

Beevo

PS,
  Mike, please don't read this...  {;o)