[sac-forum] Cepheus - reminder

  • From: AJ Crayon <acrayon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: SAC Forum <sac-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 05 Oct 2004 20:50:27 -0700

Let me remind SAC observers this weekend and next are great times to get out
and observer, especially for the November issue of the newsletter and the
constellation Cepheus.  The objects selected are NGC 40, NGC 6939, NGC 6946,
NGC 7142, NGC 7160 and IC 1396.  Delta Cephei is the double star, check it
out and don't be afraid to tell us what you see.

Also, a note for NGC6946 on the border with Cygnus.  About one week ago a
super nova was reported in this galaxy (and I didn't want to give it away
that there is a big bright beautiful galaxy to be seen in the summer months)
it is SN2004et.  There are finder charts at
http://www.shopplaza.nl/astro/vs-charts/sn2004et.htm[1] and

http://arnholm.org/astro/deepsky/ngc6946/sn2004et_20040929_1900ut.jpg[2] as
well as other places on the internet.  Why not take one along with you, have
a look, estimate its magnitude and include with your report.  This should be
a very interesting experiment and fun to compare notes.

Thanks and clear skies to all,
aj

--- Links ---
   1 http://www.shopplaza.nl/astro/vs-charts/sn2004et.htm