[sac-forum] Re: Beta testers needed for SAC database

  • From: "Steve Coe" <stevecoe@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <sac-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 23:31:36 -0700

Paul;

Once I am at the release point, probably version 7.5, you are certainly
welcome to convert the SAC deep sky database to this format.  Is it more
useful to Unix users?  If so, that would be great.

I really am going to try and make certain that the format of version 7.43
does not change before release.  So, if the columns are going to stay the
same, you can get started on how you will convert this and practice so that
in 6 weeks or so that conversion will go smoothly.  I am planning on giving
the beta checkers that long to look it over.

The only columns that might be added would for the page numbers of
Uranometria version 2.

Steve Coe