[sac-forum] Antivirus Software Catch

  • From: "Jack Jones" <spicastar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "AZ SAC Forum" <sac-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 18:54:31 -0700

Well I have never gotten any viruses before ever, but today Symantec
informed me I received an email with an attachment with the Klez "H"
virus. It quarantined it for me and said the Subject: was "Your Name in
Hawaiian". I guess that means my virus software proved its worth
finally, but I wouldn't have opened an unknown attachment anyway. I
deleted it from the Quarantine area but maybe should have kept it in
there for analysis? Symantec declined analyzing it, I guess they've seen
enough of it. Coincidentally I also got a lot of AZObserving email today
from AJ, Paul, Thad, etc. on the website changes. Think it's from one of
us?

Jack Jones
Saguaro Astronomy Club
Lunar List Awards and