[sac-forum] Re: --[AZ-Observing]-- Re: Good Seeing Predicted for Tonight

  • From: "Spencer, Darrell" <DSpencer@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <sac-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2008 12:10:26 -0800

Tom, great depictions of our "neighbors".  A testament to what can be
done, from a planetary perspective, in our backyards.

Forgive my ignorance. I can, conceptually, grasp the benefits of longer
focal lengths for detailed imaging.  But, I cannot visualize the
mechanics of how you're varying FL to this extent on your Newtonian.

Without going into detail, could you refer me to a summary of the
technique - or very briefly describe it?

(I also moved this to the SAC_forum in the interest of keeping technical
explanations off the AZ-Observing list).

Thanks,

Darrell Spencer