[sac-forum] Re: 5MM or Antennas?

  • From: "Jimmy Ray" <jimmy_ray@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <sac-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2008 21:11:07 -0700

Richard Harshaw Wrote:

"Don't be intimidated.  Rick Tejera, Jimmy Ray, Chris Hanrahan, Andrew
Goodwin and I all got socked out at the Girls Scout encampment at Prescott
over the weekend too.  A few sucker holes, but nothing worth singing songs
over. "

Yea but we did see this! Look at this write up on space weather!

GREAT PROMINENCE:  Sunspot counts remain very low, but solar activity is not
zero.  For the third day in a row, astronomers are monitoring one of the
best solar prominences in years. The plume of hot gas, twisted into complex
shapes by solar magnetic fields, is nearly 10 times taller than Earth and an
easy target for safely-filtered backyard telescopes.  Visit
http://spaceweather.com for photos and movies.

Pays to have the right scope, in the right place and the right time!

Jimmy Ray

Don't be intimidated.  Rick Tejera, Jimmy Ray, Chris Hanrahan, Andrew
Goodwin and I all got socked out at the Girls Scout encampment at Prescott
over the weekend too.  A few sucker holes, but nothing worth singing songs
over.

There's always THIS weekend.  I'm planning on a Thursday/Friday night trip .
Don't know where to yet.  It all depends on the weather forecast.

Richard Harshaw

Cave Creek, AZ