[sac-forum] 2 subjects-money and Holiday party

  • From: "Steve Coe" <stevecoe@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <sac-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2003 02:38:52 -0700

Hello SAC members;
I just finished reading the newsletter and I have two subjects for discussion
and an announcement.

The announcement first.  I did not get the speakers info to the newsletter
editor quickly enough and the info got messed up.  So, Tom Polakis is the
speaker for October and his subject is Planetarium Software.  Brent Archinal is
the speaker for November and his subject is Mars Lander missions that are
underway and planned for the future.

My first subject is money.  If we raise the dues to 30 dollars a year, will
that pull in enough money to have the club be self sustaining?  I hate to do
that, but I just don't think that we will chase too many folks away with a 2
dollar increase.

Second subject is the Holiday Party.  Is there someone who is willing to host
the holiday party?  Pretty easy to do, we show up with food, you buy some
drinks with SAC money and the only problem is a cleanup afterward.  It would be
nice if it is someone fairly near the center of town, so it is easy to get to.
I hope someone volunteers soon.  Have we chosen a date?  Dec. 13?

My two cents;
Steve Coe

Author "Deep Sky Observing--The Astronomical Tourist"
Saguaro Astronomy Club website
www.saguaroastro.org