[sac-board] Re: [sac-forum] Virus Scanning

  • From: Paul Dickson <dickson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: SAC Board <sac-board@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>,SAC Forum <sac-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2002 21:52:58 -0700

On Sat, 20 Apr 2002 19:26:29 -0700, Paul Dickson wrote:

> If you don't regular run a virus scanner on your home system that has been
> updated in the past couple of months (or weeks even), please try the free
> virus scanner at:
>
>       http://housecall.antivirus.com/

As further advice, also use "Windows Update" under the Start button, then
choose the "Product Update".  This will give your a series of updates to
your Microsoft software.  This will work for Win98 and later.  For Win95,
choose update within IE; there are some updates available there too.

The "Security Updates" are what are needed to avoid getting reinfected
with E-mail viruses.  If you apply other updates, check back for other
"Security Updates" that have become relevant after you install and reboot.

Naturally, this advice is for home PC owners.  Those at work should check
with your IT department before you follow my advice.