[sac-board] Re: The book: SAC's 110 Best of the NGC

  • From: Paul Dickson <dickson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: SAC-Board@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 08:52:47 -0700

On Thu, 27 Feb 2003 23:51:37 -0700, Paul Dickson wrote:

> > With Stan's help, I've placed the book as a PDF on SAC's web site at:
> >     http://www.saguaroastro.org/content/Book_110BestOfNGC.htm
>
> I had one person have problems with the PDF file.  It seems that the
> full-page charts and the beginning of each constellation are displayed
> with Acroread in landscape mode while the rest of the pages are in
> portrait mode.  I thought if I printed these, the pages were still printed
> correctly.  It seems the don't for at least one person.

Thanks for the responses.  This problem should not occur in version 1.5 of
the book, which should appear as soon as Stan has time to upload it.  I
used Adobe's CreatePDF web site to convert my Postscript file into a PDF.
They allow 5 conversions before you have to pay money (I have 4 free
conversions remaining :-).

The new version removes the ads, updates some internet addresses, and adds
the usage rules to the copyright page.