[sac-board] Re: Sentinel-Schwaar for 2003

  • From: Paul Dickson <sac-treasurer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sac-board@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 13:34:27 -0700

On Fri, 11 Oct 2002 09:18:22 -0400, Tejera, Rick wrote:

> Steve,
>
> I was looking a the calendar for later in the year and was thingking the Dec
> Star party on the 28th might be a good candidate for a trip to sentinel.
> Kind of like we did on Thanksgiving weekend a few years back. Also, who's to
> say we can't do a Sentinel starparty twice a year? Once in the spring & once
> in the fall? I don't need an excuse, do you?

<Reality-intrusion>
At the present budget levels, SAC can only host two star parties with
amenities (one Sentinel and the Messier Marathon).

To support more, SAC would need to increase its membership, increase dues,
or decrease spending someplace else.

Also, dates between Christmas and New Years the turn-out for a
Sentinel star party would be pretty paltry.  It would be OK for a club
star party, but not for one which other clubs are invited (which is
likely what Steve wants).
</Reality-intrusion>

November would be a better month (November 30th).  Thanksgiving would
never fall on the weekend and with the star party being held on the
Thanksgiving weekend, we'd just have a lighter turn-out.