[sac-board] Re: Don't Go to Sentinel on Saturday

  • From: "Spicastar" <spicastar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <sac-board@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 19:56:25 -0700

I didn't, I went on Friday! It was OK from 8 to 9, and great from 10pm to
2am when the crud moved in. Not bad at all and well worth the trip. I tried
out my new Sentinel Anti-Dustcloud Tarp and it's a pretty good idea if there
is no wind and no rain!  It's 16x20, so it works much better than my prelim
8x10 one. Really keeps down the dust cloud around the bottom end of my
open-end reflector and I don't have the dust coating sticking to all my
clothes, shoes, and camping stuff the next day. There is a slight billow
problem with a 15-20 mile wind that the rocks just don't prevent. It puffs
up a little and when you walk around on it you make noise tramping it down
all the time.  Logged lots of H400 objects in Canis, Ursa Major and Gemini.
Saw plenty of Lyrids too. Very fast and bright.  I had to pack up and leave
Saturday noon during the threat of approaching rain, but it didn't amount to
much and it cleared up later that night I hear.

Jack Jones
Spicastar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx