[ruxp] UK reader's Office XP keyboard problem

  • From: "Karl Dallas" <karldallas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ruxp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 09:01:39 -0000

A UK reader writes:

I have a minor but irritating keyboard problem with Office XP.

I am running under Windows XP on an Advent 5490 laptop. Windows XP is
set for UK keyboard, and this works properly in all programs EXCEPT
Office XP (and especially Word). The problem is that Word thinks I'm
using a US keyboard, so it prints a # for a pound sign, and " for @ (and
vice versa). What's perplexing is that it doesn't do this all the time.
Can anyone help me stop the program doing this?