[rsc] Re: Funding News from The Nathan Cummings Foundation

  • From: Carol Marie Webster <webstercm@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rsc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2008 15:55:50 -0700 (PDT)

What excellent news!  Cheers!

Carolyn Morris <carolyn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:                        Dear
Family,

  I am writing to inform you that the grant we submitted to The Nathan Cummings
Foundation in January has been approved for funding.  Alternate ROOTS will
receive $200,000 over two years ($100,000 per year in 2008 and 2009).  Needless
to say, this is very good news for our organization considering our challenges
over the past six months.

  I want to encourage each of us to be grateful, but not complacent.  Rather,
we must be motivated to use this funding as leverage to expand beyond our
current position.  If you want to get more involved in helping grow the
organization?s financial health, please give us a call at the ROOTS office.  In
the meantime, we will continue to keep you informed as we progress.

  All the very best!

  Sincerely,

  Carolyn Morris
  Executive Director
  Alternate ROOTS
  1083 Austin Avenue, NE
  Atlanta, GA  30307
  404-577-1079 [W]
  404-577-7991 [Fax]
  carolyn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  www.alternateroots.org
  ?Creativity is food for the artistic soul. Never stop feeding your soul.?
  -- Carolyn Renee

        webstercm@xxxxxxxxx
  Carol Marie Webster
  Dance Passionately: Walk Easy