[rsc] Re: Charlotte Gathering at Crossroads working agenda

  • From: Eleanor Brownfield <stagemgrefb@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rsc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2008 13:25:54 -0700 (PDT)

Thank you for sending this, Sheila.  As a total newbie to this, I am grateful
for as many examples as I can look at.  Even if what we do is totally
different, it all adds up.

  Speaking of what we will do in Charleston, can we please include your formula
for learning to listen?  Tuck it in somewhere... maybe with the kazoos.  I am
expecting story circles - does that seem reasonable?  I have been thinking a
lot lately about how much more teachable I am if I am hearing a story rather
than if somebody says, "Hey, I'm gonna teach you something."

  Happy New Moon (tomorrow) and Happy Monday!  ;  }  Eleanor

Sheila Kerrigan <kerrigan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
                 Dear folks, Several people have asked me if they could see the
agenda for our Charlotte event this weekend. I am attaching the still evolving
agenda for the Charlotte Gathering at the Crossroads this weekend. It may get
stripped, so I am pasting it below. I?m afraid the formatting below is messed
up, but I haven?t the time to fix it. It?s in landscape, not portrait. (wide,
not tall.) The two sidebars don?t line up with the central part.
  My discussions with Latonya and Omari lead me to believe that what we do in
Charleston the following week will not look the same at all, because more of
the Charleston people most likely to appear have more community arts-activism
experience than the folks in Charlotte.
  In Charlotte, April Turner will lead the Strategic planning process on Friday
night. We don?t know who is leading the listening session in Charleston for the
strategic planning process. Omari has said he could do it,
   but, more importantly, what are the questions? Who can we contact to get the
information we need to conduct the listening sessions? Could someone who knows
please email me, April Turner, Jeff Mather, Omari Fox, Latonya Wallace, and
Eleanor Brownfield what you know about the strategic planning process, and what
we need to know?
  Thank you!
    Best,
  Sheila Kerrigan
  kerrigan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  2310 Stansbury Rd
  Chapel Hill NC 27516
  919-929-1624

Crush defeatism!
Insist on joy in spite of everything.
Together we are stronger than greed and fear.

JPEG image