[rootthebox] RTB Status Update - Some Changes

  • From: Chris Grayson <cegrayson3@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rootthebox@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2014 09:48:28 -0500

Hi all,

My apologies for being silent this past week and a half. Two Fridays ago, I
received some bad news - one of our primary supporters has pulled a good
bit of their support. While this is an unfortunate turn of events, I have
spoken with Josh Davis and we have re-adjusted accordingly. That being
said, here's the new skinny:

H3 and Root the Box will be joining forces as a single CTF competition on
August 22-24. The event will be predominantly organized by GTRI and the H3
folks, and the Root the Box software platform and team will be an integral
part of the competition infrastructure. We will still have the Friday be
dedicated to talks, and Saturday and Sunday will be the live competition.
In terms of competition capacity, we have not come up with a target number
yet, but we are still thinking *big* (400+).

That's about all that's changed, and we're still quite excited to be
bringing this event to Atlanta. It's always a disappointment when things
don't work out perfectly, but it would take one hell of a bigger blow than
that to stop us :)

As always, if there are any questions or comments please feel free to list
them here on the mailing list or to reach out to me directly. Once we
figure out a bit more in terms of organizational structure, we'll be back
in touch.

Lastly - Josh Davis, the guy that has been bringing H3/Hungry Hungry
Hackers to Atlanta for years now and that will be our point man for H3
2014, can be contacted directly at joshua.davis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

Thank you everyone for your patience!

Best regards,

Christopher E. Grayson