[Rollei] Re: Man Ray & Atget & Rolleiflex

  • From: Eric Goldstein <egoldste@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rolleiusersgroup@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 09:59:07 -0400

BTW list members can read some of this biography about one of
America's most celebrated artists here:

http://books.google.com/books?id=k5qvm7pOI8AC&lpg=PA116&ots=yyNRaYEKME&dq=man%20ray%20rolleiflex&pg=PA116#v=onepage&q=man%20ray%20rolleiflex&f=false

Eric Goldstein

--

On Mon, Mar 29, 2010 at 9:01 PM, Elias_Roustom <elroustom@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Something I tripped across this evening, I'm sure list member will find
> amusing:
>
> From Neil Baldwin's "Man Ray, American Artist"
> Page 116
> In 1925, Berenice Abbott for the first time caught sight of the photographs
> of Eugene Atget in Man Ray's Studio... Man Ray dismissed him abruptly as "a
> primitive." At one point Man Ray had tried to teach Atget how to use a
> Rolleiflex, to provide an alternative to the old man's method of haunting
> the streets at dawn before they were populated. But Atget "complained that
> 'le snapshot' went faster than he could think, 'Trop vite, enfin.' "
>
> You can find this section in this book online in Google Books, by searching
> "Man Ray Abbot Atget Rolleiflex"
> ---
> RUG
>
> - Post to rolleiusersgroup@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> - Subscribe at rolleiusersgroup-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'subscribe'in the
> Subject field OR by logging into the Web interface.
> the Subject field OR by logging into the Web interface.
>
> - Online, searchable archives of your list are available at
> //www.freelists.org/archives/rolleiusersgroup

---
RUG

- Post to rolleiusersgroup@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

- Subscribe at rolleiusersgroup-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'subscribe'
in the Subject field OR by logging into the Web interface.

'unsubscribe' in the Subject field OR by logging into the Web interface.