[rollei_list] Re: was NASA & Rollei

> American mechanics never got Citroens. The hydraulics were not a
> problem for French and other European mechanics. Complex, yes.
> Daunting, no. MB 600s of the time also had hydraulic suspensions.
>
> If you ever drove a DS-21, it was a fantastic car and very
> road-worthy. The Embassy's used to be full of them...
>

> Eric Goldstein

I lived in Webster Groves, MO next to a Fiat Dealership who had a full line
up of Citroëns (Maserati engines then) and by the way the new for then
Subaru's. It was 1973-5.
My friend who stopped by and visited me every day after work who'd just got
out of mechanic school was the guy over there who worked on the Citroëns.
Was the only guy who could do it. Maybe he went to a real good mechanic
school maybe he was real good student maybe both but he'd tell me all about
it every day and had it whole thing under control while we drank an Anheuser
Busch beer and listen to vinyl . It's the suspension which was the main
thing that made it different that others were not familiar with. He said the
Rolls Royce company incorporated it into their cars. Was not able to get me
into Led Zeppelin.

Mark William Rabiner