[rollei_list] Re: was NASA & Rollei

  • From: Eric Goldstein <egoldste@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2009 08:54:29 -0400

A bit of local interest to the Boston area... In the 80s I worked with
local anchor man Jack Williams, who had a nice 300 SEL 6.3. It was his
every day car... ran reliably with routine maintenance. They were
costly cars to keep going... just like all MBs. It was lighter than
the 600s and performance was much better, though you are right, they
were under-tired as were most cars of the era.

The 600s needed a lot of TLC to run everyday, much more so than the 300s.

Eric Goldstein