[rollei_list] Re: was NASA & Rollei

  • From: Allen Zak <azak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 18:15:49 -0400

That was me. Yes, I was a mechanic, long ago. Although I never worked on one myself, several of my acquaintances employed by foreign car specialty shops used to complain at length about their difficulties with Citroen innards, largely but not confined to the complex hydraulics of the leveling suspension that provided its famous smooth ride. One of them told poignantly of how he almost wept every time one came into the shop. When I suggested just sucking it up, he punched me in the arm, the only time I was ever pummeled during a conversation about cars. From this I learned not to take Citroen mechanicals lightly.

Allen Zak

On Oct 28, 2009, at 5:28 PM, Peter K. wrote:

Did not realize you were a mechanic?

On Wed, Oct 28, 2009 at 12:28 PM, Mark Rabiner <mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Lucky you.  They were a mechanic's nightmare to work on.  Interesting > cars, though.  Once in Los Angeles I rolled up next to a Ciroen at a > traffic light, first one I'd ever seen in person, looked it over and > invited the woman driving it to join me for coffee at a nearby Coffee > Dan's to discuss it.  We spent an hour talking cars, then parted, never
 > saw either of them again.  That was in the mid-60s.  Good times.
 >
 > Allen Zak

I'm in NY. No cars. Just yellow cabs and black town cars.

 Mark William Rabiner

Peter K
Ó¿Õ¬