[rollei_list] Re: ...was Avedon OT Time

Don:
        It depends about what is your definition for the word
definition. From a scienfic point of view, there are two main concepts
for time, absolute (Newton) and relative (Einstein), mechanics is
based in part on Newton idea of linear and absolute time and it worked
and it works today from a practical viewpoint; Einstein time
definition was written this way: "Two events taking place at the
points A and B of a system K are simultaneous if they appear at the
same instant when observed from the middle point, M, of the interval
AB. _Time is then defined as the ensemble of the indications of
similar clocks, at rest relatively to K, which register the same
simultaneously."_ ;    it could be wrong or right, but it is a time
definition  and beyond if the universe is flat or curved, experiments
demonstrated that Einstein was right saying that time is quicker
according you are closer to the light speed, BTW, it's more practical
for us Newton's time definition.
Another practical definition is: "Time is what a clock reads. It is a
scalar quantity and, like length, mass, and charge, is usually
described as a fundamental quantity. Time can be combined
mathematically with other physical quantities to derive other concepts
such as motion, kinetic energy and time-dependent fields".

Carlos