[rollei_list] Re: [rolleiusers] Argomania

  • From: Eric Goldstein <egoldste@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 02:38:18 -0500

On Wed, Jan 13, 2010 at 11:51 PM, David Sadowski <dsadowski@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I had a Minolta Zoom 110 SLR, maybe the best 110 camera ever made.
> But I wouldn't call any of the pictures I took with it sharp. (snipped)

They may well not have been. But if you search some of the finer 110
cameras and this film format, you will see that it was capable of very
sharp images. They just can't be enlarged past the normal 8 or so
diameters. So now we are back to the original point... this was not
where the format failed commercially, because almost no one enlarges
past 4 x 6 (percentage-wise).

I do remember 3-1/2 by 5 prints and how popular they were...

Eric Goldstein