[rollei_list] Re: rollei focus adjustment questions

  • From: chatanooga@xxxxxxxxx
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2006 19:54:35 +0100

always a poss. for me too. I wear contacts. Checked the split-focussing with
a loupe though so I'd be pretty confident in the test focussing.

On 6/5/06, Peter K. <peterk727@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I have seen this with my own TLRs but also found that I needed new spectacles. I opted for a diopter and now focus is dead on.

On 6/5/06, chatanooga@xxxxxxxxx <chatanooga@xxxxxxxxx> wrote: > > Listers > I've pretty much convinced myself that my 2.8FX tends to focus about 3cm > in front when nominally foucussed at 1m. I've verified this after noticing > quite a few f2.8/ f4 type closeups didnt seem to be optimally sharp. I > did a few angled-ruler type tests and shot several frames in quick succesion > at the same focus to average out any film flatness issues. I see small > shifts but the focus error is consistently in the front. > Assuming the error is due to some fixed mechanical offset between the > taking and viewing lense I'm wondering is this going to have a pro-rata > effect at larger distances (for the same wide aperture)? My suspicion is it > won't but would be interested to hear from someone less > optically-challenged..! And suppose I put a Rolleinar on.......... > I would guess the 3cm I mentioned is equivalent to a very small > film-plane offset - is such a small tweak possible (for the service centre, > etc)? > rgds > Chat >

--
Peter K
Ó¿Õ¬