[rollei_list] Re: question on operating ..."bokeh" again

  • From: Carlos Manuel Freaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 09:17:22 -0300 (ART)

 --- Per Einar Forberg <p.e@xxxxxxxxxxx> escribió:

> ...As i mentioned I bought the 2,8 C due to its 10
> bladed iris diaphragm, and
> if you want to learn more about why this was
> important you can read up
> on something called "bokeh" (if you're not already
> familiar with that).
> Per Einar...

I agree with you about the 2.8C since I'm using one
from 35 years ago( Xenotar version), however I'm
afraid that the "bokeh" has much more relationship
with the lens design than with the diaphragm design. I
have the evidence that a 2.8F Planar using the five
blades diaphragm has an excellent "bokeh" like my old
3.5E Planar too. I verified using my 2.8C that its
very good bokeh does not change with the diaphragm at
5.6 and with the diaphragm at 2.8 where the iris
blades don't work, it demonstrates that the "bokeh" is
linked to lens design.
In the other hand, I'm afraid that an excellent lens
like the Xenar 3.5 even using the ten blades diaphragm
does not show similar bokeh quality despite it is
acceptable, I'll do some tests about it with the
Rolleicord IV.-

All the best
Carlos

A tu celular ¿no le falta algo?
Usá Yahoo! Messenger y Correo Yahoo! en tu teléfono celular.
Más información en http://movil.yahoo.com.ar