[rollei_list] Re: question on operating and on screen for RolleiGX and Hood

  • From: "John M. Niemann" <jniemann@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 08:30:08 -0500

I have a 2.8C, and I bought it specifically for the ten blade shutter.
I enjoy experimenting with in and out of focus images, and how the two
make a complete image.

While Carlos is on to something when he claims the diaphragm has no play
in rendering good or bad bokeh especially when shooting wide open, I
think that the diaphragm does indeed have an influence on the rendered
image especially when shooting at f/4, f/5.6 or f/8. I am thinking of
those mirror lenses and those aweful out of focus donut looking blurs.

The Nikon AIS 85 mm f/1.4 has a twelve blade diaphragm and it renders
better images than my 90 mm f/2 Summicron. (YIKES! Leica heresy).

John