[rollei_list] Re: new Zeiss Ikon- a hollow construct?

  • From: "Austin Franklin" <austin.franklin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Nov 2009 13:15:30 -0500

Hi Marc,

> You then responded that
> it took machines to design the innards of digital
> cameras.

I'm not sure I said that, but it does take machines to manufacture (no
matter the source of the initial design) the innards of the digital cameras.
Now, they may be hand -assembled- to some degree.  But, that may also be
true of the high end digital cameras as well.  Without seeing the production
process, that is hard to say.

> I am merely pointing out that the
> discussion was on production and not design.

To some degree, sure, but it was also on "craftsmanship", and my point was
that craftsmanship is throughout the entire process, not just the
production.

Regards,

Austin