[rollei_list] Re: new Zeiss Ikon- a hollow construct?

  • From: FRANK DERNIE <frank.dernie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 7 Nov 2009 00:41:52 -0800 (PST)

Hi Carlos,
I know perfectly well that you believe this to be the case. You also know that
my experience leads me to disagree with you.

But this has nothing -whatsoever- to do with the current discussion. You
proposed something about he superiority of manufacture of film cameras.
My point is that a quality digital camera contains the same high tech
mechanical elements (and probably higher precision) than a film camera, plus a
-lot- more ultra high tech stuff, the only thing being absent being the hole
the film goes in.

Frank D

<All that technology does not mean a high end digital camera produces a
better image than a high end film mechanical camera, this is one of
the main points to me, these digital cameras are a very expensive
sophism, except if you use them as a professional photographer linked
to photojournalism or some other area requiring images massive
production.-

Carlos>