[rollei_list] Re: new Zeiss Ikon- a hollow construct?

  • From: "Austin Franklin" <austin.franklin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Nov 2009 13:19:51 -0500

> it does take machines to manufacture (no
> matter the source of the initial design) the innards of the
> digital cameras.

I meant to say film cameras there...but both for that matter.

I'm not sure if you mean assemble or manufacture though.  Two different
things, though one can be a subset of the other.  Assembly is part of the
manufacturing process, if we are talking about the whole camera.  But
manufacture can be simply the production of the body "shell", which is
simply machined, not assembled.

Regards,

Austin