[rollei_list] Re: missing clamp screw

  • From: Frank Dernie <Frank.Dernie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2006 08:13:49 +0100

Hi Mark,
PMFJI but you may be amused to learn that the UK officially standardised on the SI (Systeme International) units system around 1968. I was taught in Imperial units at school and SI at university. Plenty of people still use the old Imperial measurements here, my mother for example, and the road signs are still in miles. I find an inch a more useful distance to imagine than the millimeter or meter (the centimeter is NOT a standard measure in the SI system) but after all these years I find temperature, for example, difficult to get a feel for in Farenheit.
cheers
Frank (in Oxfordshire)

On 7 Jun, 2006, at 19:03, Mark A. Kay, M.D., Ph.D. wrote:

John.. Thanks so much for the information. THe rollei dealer is trying to locate one. I found a local shop that has something I think i can use for now. I called and they will ship them to my office. I am not sure about ENgland but in the USA there are still too many measurements not made in metrics.