[rollei_list] Re: changing lens formulas

  • From: "Eric Goldstein" <egoldste@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 4 Nov 2007 20:21:23 -0500

The proof of automation enhancing precision can be found in factory
tolerance specs. One example is FL tolerance, which in the 50's was
about +/-5% and is now typically +/-1%. It used to be near impossible
for me to find a pair of prime lenses close enough in FL to make a
stereo rig; now it is trivial, even with some zooms...

Eric Goldstein