[rollei_list] Re: age old digital vs film debate...again...was RE: OT Ancient Computers

  • From: jon.stanton@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2009 04:13:00 +0000

The $400 film & processing expense was for the very last batch of film he shot.

The $20k for F&P in the previous year?  Yes, he did shoot a lot...slides and
negative. He wore one of his Contax cameras out.....Contax Service said it was
one of the heaviest used cameras they had seen in a long while.

He  traded his Contax systems to either or both KEH & Camera West (Monterey)
for a lightly used D200. He has since upgraded to a D3 and a couple of
R8's...all used.

He has a Mac laptop loaded with Photoshop given to him by a friend...does not
own a printer. He edits his shots, burns a disc and submits the disc to his
client.

An example of how "frugal" he is....   He buys clothes at the Gap, wears them
for a week usually w/o changing...moves on to the next location and "exchanges"
them at the next Gap..

From: "austin.franklin@xxxxxxxxxxx" <austin.franklin@xxxxxxxxxxx>