[rollei_list] Re: about 6x6 slide projectors

  • From: Don Williams <dwilli10@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 06 Oct 2016 12:53:46 -0500

At 12:35 PM 10/6/2016, you wrote:

Don, you're right. You could just make one yourself if you have the stuff. It's like a big O-ring seal.

Siu Fai

We have a place here in town that is called "The Seal Company" and they have a warehouse of seals, every possible kind of O-ring. They had a tapered cone to get the ID and then they measure the material diameter.

I needed one a while back and they just gave it to me free.   Nice folks.

OKC is still an Oil town, even with the slowdown, and you know what that means for seals.

Matter of fact, GE just opened, yesterday, a new energy research center, about 130 engineers and scientists. They have a drilling rig, some drill training systems, and a full lab, all dedicated to reducing emissions and improving oil drilling and extraction methods.

I would guess that Oklahoma is the only state with a drill rig (now inactive, just symbolic) on the capital grounds and a statue of a native American Indian on the dome of the capital building.

DAW