[rollei_list] Re: Xenar 3.5/75 and Velvia 100

  • From: "Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2006 15:20:59 -0800

----- Original Message ----- From: "Carlos Manuel Freaza" <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, February 02, 2006 3:12 PM
Subject: [rollei_list] Re: Xenar 3.5/75 and Velvia 100

Thank you very much for your comment Allen. When I was
looking for a Rolleicord IV I was thinking to buy a H1
filter but after to see Emmanuel Bigler photos taken
with the T and Velvia 50 and to read some months ago
the commentary that you wrote about your experience
with the Xenar  I decided that the H1 was not
necessary.
Only as anecdote; I quote a site where you can read an
official Rollei 1961 catalog with the H1 specs (it's
necessary to slide the horizontal bar to the right):
http://www.wheeldon.plus.com/images/r12_copy.jpg

All the best
Carlos
--- Allen Zak <azak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> escribió:

Interesting. It appears from this that the Rollei UV filter begins to cut off in the visible range a little. I think this is the filter with a silght pink tinge. The H1 probably starts to cut off a little further into the blue-violet so as not to change the color balance. This is desirable for color film but either should work for B&W. The UV filter probably also acts a little as a "haze" filter.

---
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles, CA, USA
dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx