[rollei_list] Re: Wanted to Buy Macintosh SE/30

  • From: Antonio Garcia Russell <antoniorussell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2006 23:34:30 +0200

Fred,

Apple now release what are called "universal binaries" that will run on both PPC and Intel Macs. There are still plenty of years useful life left in old Macs...

Antonio

On 16 Sep 2006, at 23:31, Frederic Fichter wrote:

Definitely OT, but my vote for the sexiest computer of all times goes to :

Imac G3 "Snow"

I'll try to locate a cheap one later this year, also because I could actually do something with it (all my current photo work is done on a G3 400Mhz iMac, after all).

Even if Apple doesn't release software for this machine anymore now they moved to Intel, I could happily run the Ubuntu linux distro on it for quite some time - see their commitment to long-term (*five years*, man that's loooooooong) support here : http:// www.ubuntu.com/news/606released

Fred

On Sep 16, 2006, at 9:40 PM, Jan Decher wrote:

Javier:

Why an SE/30 and not the Color Classic? Still a nice compact machine for basic data entry (slide database?). Much better "cool factor" than any of the current short-lives Macs.
Jan (Mac user)

From: "Javier Perez" <summarex@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Hi Everyone
I'm looking for one of these, hopefully in nice shape, hopefully cheap,
hopefully with software and hopefully soon. After a lot of reasoning I've
convinced myself that I need one.
So then, if you have one to part with please let me know. I have paypal.
Thanks

--- Rollei List