[rollei_list] Re: WARNING about Dr. Mark Meijer c/o Global RolleiClub

  • From: Harry Fleenor <harry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 10:18:33 -0700

Hello Dan and group,

I saw Dr. Mark Meijer earlier this summer. His face was very red as if he had a sunburn. I asked him what happened. He said that he had seen some doctors and he was scheduled for more testing.
I have had his customers and a detective calling me about his non-response.
Lately hasn't answered my emails or his phone. I hope he is ok.

At 05:57 PM 10/16/2005, you wrote:
Some of you know of this organization, web site
http://www.sl66.com. Dr. Mark Meijer, CEO and VP, has been a
source of information about the SL66, and has bought and sold
equipment. He has had many auctions on eBay.
Suddenly this summer, he stiffed many eBay bidders. As can
be gleaned from the eBay public records and from the web site
http://www.astrokorea.com/spboard2/board.cgi?id=markmeijer
he failed to deliver on 18 auctions which ended August 31, 2005.
The amount of money involved was about $40,000.

During the same time frame, I had a deal with him and lost
out. We agreed that he would attempt to sell a Carl Zeiss Rollei
150mm f/4 Sonnar SL66 lens on consignment for $400. I sent him
the lens, he received it, but he has not responded with any
information about a consignment sale. I consider the lens gone.
I post this information to the RUG for two reasons. One is
a warning to anyone who might consider doing business with Dr.
Meijer. Two is to ask for help. I'm in New York, so a trip to
Beverly Hills is unlikely. I would be very grateful if anyone
closer to Beverly Hills could find out more about what's going
on. The street address is 220 Lasky Dr., Apt. 8, Beverly Hills,
CA 90212. Even a phone number would be helpful.

Of course, if you are considering buying a Carl Zeiss Rollei
150mm f/4 Sonnar SL66 lens, be aware that
 s/n 4608142 is stolen goods.

Dan

Thank You

Harry Fleenor

Oceanside Camera Repair
909 Aviation Blvd. #4
Manhattan Beach, Ca 90266
310 374 6506 - email - harry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Harry Fleenor has over 36 years experience on Rollei camera repair including 15 years working in the factory service centers of Honeywell and Rollei of America.

Repairing Rolleiflex TLRs, (including Rolleiflex 2.8F, 3.5F, Rolleiflex 2.8E-3, 2.8E-2, 2.8E, 2.8D, 2.8C, , 2.8B, 2.8A, Rolleiflex 3.5E-3, 3.5E-2, 3.5E, 3.5, Automat X, 3.5 Automat MX, Automat MX E-V, Tele Rolleiflex, Wide-Angle Rolleiflex, Rolleicord Vb, Va, V, IV, and Rolleiflex T) Rollei SL66, Rollei 35, Rollei SL35, Rollei A110, and E110, and the Rollei SL26.
Rollei 35 calibrated to 1.35v or 1.5v battery.
Maxwell bright screens installed.
220 switch installed.

--- Rollei List