[rollei_list] Re: Verichrome OT

  • From: Jon <jon.stanton@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2011 15:16:13 -0700

I love stories like that... Bix supposedly would lose track of a horn and have
to borrow one for a gig/session. When he was with Whiteman the band was under
contract to play Holton... Bix preferred his Bach... I picked up a Martin
Committee trumpet from a former big band player... I traded it in on a Schilke
w/o knowing that Schilke designed the Committee and that it was the preferred
horn of Miles, Clifford and possibly Chet

Sent from my iPhone