[rollei_list] Re: Vastly OT: Kippered Herring

  • From: Nick Roberts <nickbroberts@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 20:22:52 +0000 (GMT)

They certainly did at Craster last time I was there, about 3 years ago. And I
agree, grilled is best for really good kippers.
They are normally a breakfast alternative to the Full English - as is ham and
eggs, but both not so common these days.

Black pudding - good black pudding is wonderful, bad black pudding pretty
revolting. Two years ago I was in Brussels in the Grand' Place earlyish one
morning, and they were setting up for some sort of festival. There was a stall
run by a society promoting a local form of blood sausage - it was delicious,
and being Belgium, that most civilised of countries, there was beer to wash it
down with (a Faro from some suitably small brewery whose name escapes me). A
very nice, and unexpected, breakfast! I must have the pics somewhere - wrong
list, though, as I was using a Leica or C/V Bessa.

Nick