[rollei_list] Re: Update on Rolleiflex MX TLR (was: Re: Re: TLR)

  • From: Carlos Manuel Freaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2005 22:27:43 +0000 (GMT)

I think it's better to have both cameras, the 2.8 and
3.5 if the 3.5 is an old Automat model in good
condition and with coated lens or a similar
Rolleicord.
My workhorse is the 2.8C and I agree with Eric about
it, however I am also liking to use the Rolleicord IV
due to its light weight for snapshots. The 3.5F is as
heavy as the 2.8C, at least this is my conclusion
after to compare the three cameras weight, but I did
not use the 3.5F yet.
Regarding lens quality, the Xenotar is slightly better
wide-open than the other lenses (I don't know the
Planar 2.8 wide-open)but in practical use they are
identical for others f stops, except for f/22 again
bwhere the 2.8 lenses are slightly better (perhaps; I
never did a serious comparison considering this
aperture, but I have an impression about it).
Really the factory tolerances for Planar and Xenotar
were identical, also for Tessar and Xenar and then if
the lenses are in good condition it's very difficult
to find a practical difference between Xenotar and
Planar and between Xenar and Tessar; as Prochnow
explained, sometimes the lenses from Schneider were
closer to the tolerance limits and sometimes Zeiss
lenses were closer to the tolerance limits, both
lenses factories used F&H tolerances till the limits.-

All the best
Carlos

=== message truncated ===

1GB gratis, Antivirus y Antispam