[rollei_list] Re: Two Toned MX EVS.

  • From: Michael Eric Berube <pj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 07:36:10 -0400

Thank you Dennis. I will be touching up the WLF with black modeling paint. I may bead the back edge with some thin black leather cord to help tone down the 'bright gray on aluminum' look. (or maybe use the black paint.)

I like the front better too.

Be well,
Michael Eric Berube
GoodPhotos.com

dpurdy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Beautiful.  Though I like the look of the front much better than the grey
back.  You might put a little glossy black fingernail polish on that
chipped corner of the WLF.

I just watched a Automat with red leather sell on ebay for about the same
as they sell normally.  So I don't think you lower the value that way.. if
that matters.  I would love to have black lizard skin on my 2.8F but the
letherette is in perfect condition so I can't bring myself to do it.

I just got an FX (then had to send it in for repair) that has brown cow
hide on it and I notice it scuffs very easily.  Though it also polishes
back up very well with shoe polish.  I might be more tempted to cover it
in black lizard than the F.

Dennis