[rollei_list] Re: Tripods for use with Rolleiflex?

  • From: Slobodan Dimitrov <s.dimitrov@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2006 20:49:35 -0800

You're such a devil may care bon vivant, Don.

Slobodan Dimitrov
Studio G-8,
Angels Gate Cultural Center
http://sdimitrovphoto.com

On Jan 5, 2006, at 6:49 PM, Don Williams wrote:

At 05:47 PM 1/5/2006 -0800, Slobodan Dimitrov wrote:
If all the locating pins sit on top of the tripod's quick release
plate, then you really don't need a Rolleifix for now.
If you plan to take portraits with your Rollei, a Rolleinar 1 is a must.
Does this camera of yours have a lens hood?

Although I recognize the weakness of the Rollei tripod socket system, I have never bothered with a Rolleifix or any similar thing.

Most of the time, I have a tripod with a large plate on it which properly supports the camera. In other instances, I just brace the camera on a church pew, against a table, or against a wall.

Sometimes I just use a miniature tripod which is always strapped to my camera accessory case and have never had a problem with distorting the Rollei bottom.

I've actually been doing this only since 1954 so there is indeed a chance that I will damage my camera some time in the future by not having an adapter.

My conclusion, the Rolleifix is an accessory I chose to do without.

Don Williams La Jolla, CA