[rollei_list] Re: The Rolleiflex 2.8C fifty years ago

  • From: Don Williams <dwilli10@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2007 14:43:28 -0800

At 07:37 AM 1/24/2007 -0300, you wrote:
These two photographs taken by my father were scanned
from the only two B&W negatives I could find for the
time the photography was his main hobby.

Interesting,

The only box of negatives I could find after the fire a few years back were taken with a 2.8C I bought in Hong Kong in 1954. They are still good, however I don't have any idea what I used in the way of film or chemicals. I suppose I could identify the film from the edges, however.

I started out with B&W in Hong Kong while in the Navy and then moved on to color of various sorts. Even so, I probably have a couple hundered negatives, all in their glassine envelopes and all in this wooden box and they don't seem to show any deteoriation. I've scanned a couple of them a year or so but never printed them.

DAW

Don Williams
La Jolla, CA