[rollei_list] Re: The Planar 1.8/50...big fish(OT)

  • From: CarlosMFreaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2011 12:43:03 -0300

2011/6/17 CarlosMFreaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxx>:
> These two shots were difficult exposures to see the way my "new" lens
> (and camera) solved some situations.
> This nocturnal shot required an obvious overexposure for the main
> light source to get some detail from the subject (1/2 sec f at 2.8)
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/itarfoto/5829416185/in/photostream

Perhaps these news could be interesting for some fisherman. Six days
after I took the photograph above (I took it the previous Friday and
this happened last Thursday), very close to the site I took the image
and from the same promenade and by night too, three youngs from other
city in my province that came for a political meeting (we have
governor elections for the next week-end)wanted to try luck fishing
from the promenade while waiting for the meeting. They bought a hand
tackle without reel and without rod and threw it into the river Paraná
water. Suddenly, the young holding the tackle perceived a hard pull
that cut his hand, the others two youngs helped him and got the hands
burnt. Three men doing jogging noticed the situation and asked help to
others fishermen in the area, a reel with a rod was added to the
fishing and
after more than two hours of struggle they obtained a Surubí(Pseudo
platystoma coruscans) weighing more than 41kg (90.40lb). This capture
is exceptional for the current river conditions but it could be a good
sign about the river recovery after the Yacyreta dam construction 90km
from my city.
The today article is in Spanish, but the image speaks itself:
http://www.territoriodigital.com/nota2.aspx?c=3107495218917651