[rollei_list] Re: Tanks and Reels

  • From: Allen Zak <azak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 11:03:04 -0400

After 50+ years of practice, I find no difficulty in loading any of them, provided the reels are unbent. By that criterion, the original Nikors were best because they were made of thicker metal than their many knockoff competitors, including Kinderman, and therefore less likely to deform.

I like Nikors for 35 mm processing but prefer Paterson for 120/220 because 1 or 2 120 rolls or a 220 can fit on a single reel and work perfectly in the standard tank sizes.

Allen Zak

On Aug 22, 2006, at 9:46 AM, Peter J Nebergall wrote:

Kindemann reels are the easiest to load of all metal reels.  Yes!

PJ Nebergall

On Tue, 22 Aug 2006 02:17:51 -0400 Marc James Small
<msmall@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
Hear the voice of authority, oh chosen ones!  (You have chosen to
join this
List as you have an interest in Rollei cameras, and that does make
you
chosen, doesn't it?)

Kindemann tanks and King Concept Reels  That is the flawless
solution.
Anything else is nonsense.  Ask Jim Brick.

Marc

msmall@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cha robh bàs fir gun ghràs fir!

'unsubscribe' in the subject field OR by logging into
www.freelists.org

--- Rollei List

--- Rollei List